Leadership Training, Succession Planning and People Development
If you ask CEOs or CHROs what keeps them up at night, most will tell you it’s the war for talent and a real shortage for some of their organizations’ most skilled positions. They clearly see the business opportunities in front of them, but unfortunately lack the resources or labor strategies to pull through the results they need for their companies to continue to grow and be successful.
Exceptional businesses are supported by great teams. Finding the right people for key positions within your organization is critical if you want to rise above your competition. However, with the skilled job market more competitive than ever, it is increasingly difficult to ensure you are attracting and hiring the right people.
Sometimes, the most cost-effective way for employers to find leaders is to grow them from within. By grooming trusted employees within their organization, they’re more likely to have suitable candidates ready when people in key roles decide to move on.
inclineHR specializes in developing people. Our expert coaches have an impressive track record across many Fortune 500 companies. We are renowned leadership development thought partners and human resources experts, specializing in executive coaching, leadership assessment, and people development.
Building and leveraging your internal talent pool is a no-brainer to help you unlock and realize your organization’s full potential. By investing in leadership development and growing talent from within, you’ll be able to:
- Attract, Develop, and Retain Talented Individuals: Winners want to win. Top performers want to work for organizations that will stretch them developmentally and help them advance in their careers. By committing to leadership development strategies, you’ll be able to attract more talented individuals to your business and retain them for longer periods of time.
- Increase Profitability: Strong leadership training programs reduce recruitment/onboarding costs and provide a better chance of seamless transitions when key talent gets promoted, retires, or seeks alternative employment. Targeted leadership development for high potential employees can also have a spill-over effect across your organization, helping to raise the bar and drive broad improvements in organizational output. With better organizational decisions and increased outputs, leadership development can help you realize improved bottom-line financial performance.
- Appropriately Execute Your Business Strategy: By continually developing the skills of your leadership team, you’ll give them the tools and confidence they need to execute your business plans more effectively.
- Successfully Navigate Change: Successful businesses need to be agile and ready to adapt to change. Businesses that invest in leadership development can respond to unpredictable scenarios more rapidly because they have a savvier leadership team.
Succession Planning and Continuity
Effective succession planning starts with good recruitment practices. Once the right individuals are hired, employees’ knowledge, skills, and experiences are then developed in order to groom them for future organizational needs. This ensures you already have a plan in place when key talent departs the organization.
Benefits of Succession Planning
Effective use of succession planning can help an organization mitigate business continuity risk and prevent culture upheaval when key leaders depart an organization or move on to take other responsibilities.
Here are a few key reasons why the art of people development and succession planning is so important for organizations:
- Make Organizational Changes Quickly and Seamlessly: Employees can be moved out or promoted knowing there are equipped staff ready, willing, and able.
- Easily Expand Your Business: As your organization grows, you will inevitably have to create new roles and positions. Succession planning improves the likelihood that you will be able to scale quickly to realize market opportunity.
- Less Staff Turnover: When employees understand their career path and feel there may be a real possibility of advancement within an organization, they tend to be more loyal and less likely to seek opportunities elsewhere.
- Improved Morale: When staff know they are being groomed for greater things, it boosts their belongingness, leading to greater efficiency and a more positive work environment.
- Plan for the Future: Baby boomers are retiring in droves. Succession planning ensures your business will be ready to win regardless of who stays or goes.
How inclineHR Can Help You Groom Your Leaders
Our HR experts know how to create effective leadership training, succession planning, and people development plans for organizations of all shapes and sizes. We can help you establish a winning and realistic strategy that will enable your business to continue to flourish well into the future.
Are you interested in discussing your organization and talent plan? Please contact us, and one of our experts will be in touch with you shortly.