Benefits of Career Counseling
While family, friends, and colleagues are often happy to give advice, few people can offer you the level of knowledge of a professional career coach. These HR experts draw from experiences in many different industries and provide you with insights that you may have never considered. In addition to career counseling, a good coach also helps you set goals, and they partner with you on a plan to achieve them.
Four Key Benefits of Professional Career Counseling
Explore New Career Avenues
Are you feeling dissatisfied in your current role or industry and are considering a career change? It’s not uncommon to want to seek out new challenges. You may quickly find yourself overwhelmed with the difficult task of determining which path is best. Knowing when and whom to ask for career advice is critical for your success.
A coach can help you weigh your options and explore new career avenues that interest you. Rather than telling you what you should do, they’ll ask you questions to help you realize what you truly want to do. A career coach will also work with you to develop an effective transition strategy that optimizes your current circumstances.
Improve Your Interview Skills
Many executives have the skills and experience to advance within their industry, but they falter when it comes to interviewing for higher-level positions. When you know how to make a good first impression, you can finally break through and achieve the level of success you’ve always desired.
A career coach can provide you with a distinct advantage over other candidates competing for the same opportunity. A career coach will identify your key opportunity areas and provide critical feedback to ensure that you are showing up fully prepared and with your best foot forward.
Career coaches have experience working in numerous industries and can offer valuable career advice that positions you as the top applicant for the opening. This advice can drastically improve your chances of securing the position (and the life) of your dreams.
Develop an Actionable Plan for the Future
Many leaders plateau in their career and struggle answering the seemingly very basic question, “what’s next?”
If your career currently lacks direction, a coach can help you develop a strategy to direct and pull through future successes.
A career coach will provide you with a detailed career assessment to help you determine your next logical steps. Once your new goals have been established, they’ll work with you to formulate an action plan that will help you move your career forward.
Coaches don’t just offer career advice, they give you tough feedback when you need it, hold you accountable to the goals you have set out for yourself, and celebrate your milestone achievements.
Are you concerned about how you’re being perceived in the workplace? Many executives’ careers reach a plateau, not because of a lack of experience, but because of one or more leadership deficiencies or negative perceptions.
As part of your career advice, a good coach will provide you with feedback in order to help you delineate any critical opportunity areas. By becoming more self-aware and working on your emotional intelligence, you’ll find more exciting and varied career opportunities around every corner.
Career Advice from inclineHR
inclineHR offers career advice to senior executives in a wide range of industries. Our career coaches specialize in taking good leaders and providing them with the tools they need to become exceptional. Whether you’re looking for a career change or wondering what your next step could or “should” be, our team can put you on the path to reaching your definition of success. This is how we incline.
Our career advice services include:
- Quantitative Assessments: inclineHR’s proprietary assessments, including the inclineHR Talent Accelerator Quotient (TAQ®) assessment, were developed in partnership with a peer-recognized organizational psychologist to provide you a deep analysis of your leadership skills and future growth potential.
- Industry-Leading Baseline Assessments: We’ll start by asking you a comprehensive series of questions to determine your goals, fears, and aspirations. Blending the benefits of both qualitative and quantitative assessments give our clients the most valid and actionable insights possible.
- Job Interview Preparation: Our team of HR executives have been seated on the other side of the interview desk and have hired thousands of prospective candidates. We are well equipped to be your secret weapon to prepare you for your interviews, including difficult talk tracks on why you left your last employer or why you are looking for a certain compensation package.
- Setting the Right Goals: Instead of telling you what we think you should do, we’ll ask you questions that will guide you down the right path – your chosen path. From there, we’ll help you establish crystal-clear, realistic goals to help you get to where you want to go.
- Honest and Thoughtful Feedback: Our career coaches aren’t afraid to tell you what you need to hear; in fact, they have only one goal in mind: help you achieve your incline. We’ll work with you to overcome any leadership deficiencies that may be holding you back from reaching your full potential.
Contact Us for a Consultation
Are you interested in receiving expert career advice? Let’s see if there’s a mutual fit. Explore your next step by determining your confidential and complimentary inclineHR Talent Accelerator Quotient.